Arijit Singh is one of the most versatile and popular Indian musicians. He has performed in various Indian languages, Hindi and Bengali being the major ones. Owning a distinct voice that can match up to the expectations of the audience for any genre of music, his career graph has been steadily rising for about 8 years now. This clearly implies that he’ll be quite remembered in the future as well. He sang, composed, produced and recorded plenty, over the stretch of his career. By just 31 years of age, he sang over 150 songs, most of which were all-time hits.
The song Duaa from Shanghai and Phir le aya dil from Barfi, had fetched him the Mirchi Music Award for Upcoming Male Playback Singer followed by his major breakthrough, Tum hi ho from Aashiqui 2 that fetched him Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer. Ever since, he has been singing back to back almost in all films including Yeh Jawani Hai Diwani, Chennai Express, Humpty Sharma ki Dulhania, Ek Villain and the list goes on.
• 4 out of 9 Filmfare Awards
• 1 out 6 Filmfare Awards East
• 0 out of 1 Filmfare Awards South
• 2 out of 6 IIFA Awards
• 2 out of 7 Guild Awards
• 5 out of 12 GiMa Awards
• 5 out of 17 Mirchi Music Awards
• 12 out of 16 RMIM Puraskaar
• 3 out of 7 Screen Awards
• 3 out of 8 Zee Cine Awards
• 1 out of 8 Stardust Awards
• 1 ABP Ananda Sera Bangali 2018 without nomination
Arijit explained in an interview with Hindustan times that Salman’s dislike for him dated way back to an award ceremony where he had worn a chappal casually to the show and had accidentally dozed off to sleep and had to be waken up by someone. When handing over the award, Salman asked if he, the one who dozed off, was to receive the award. Arijit jokingly replied that it was them who had put him to sleep. Although Arijit realised later that he had made a mistake, but Salman had already taken offence. Salman didn’t want any Arijit song for the movie Kick. Arijit says that he knows he himself was at fault and hopes that the senior actor would forgive him someday.
• His estimated net worth as per 2018 is $6 million. This includes the income from singing songs, investment returns and music programme returns.
• He owns a house in Navy Mumbai with estimated cost about INR 8Cr.
• He also owns a few luxury cars Hummer, Mercedes Benz and Range Rover to name a few.
• In a recent news, we got to know that Arijit Singh, admirer of Satyajit Ray, will be making his directional debut with a Bengali film, ‘Sa’, revolving around the character of a young boy from rural India and his incredible journey with music.
• Curious to know about Arijit Singh’s wife? His marriage was a secret. He was first married to Ruprekha Banerjee, a winning participant from Fame Gurukul in the year 2013. However, they got divorced the same year. He then tied a knot with Koel Roy, his childhood friend, at Tarapith on January 21, 2014, without letting media know and is now leading a happy life, specially after being blessed with a son.
• Do you know that he was a badminton player? Though out of practice now, riding bikes, writing, and playing badminton were a few of his favourites. He was a state level badminton player.